St. Therese Catholic Church in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, was founded in 1917, when St. Joseph Cathedral Parish decided it had grown too large. St. Therese became the second parish in the city and was located just east of the Sioux River on East 8th St. and North Cliff Ave. Msgr. John Cavanagh, pastor of the parish for over 40 years, named the parish after his favorite Saint, Therese of Lisieux, the Little Flower of Jesus.
As the city of Sioux Falls continues to grow, the parishioners decided to move further east in 1996. We entered our new facility in March of 2000. Currently we have 650 families that make up our parish community. We are a "spirit-filled" community of faith which places a priority on good liturgies and warm hospitality.